Get Over Depression Naturally

Wednesday, 1 March 2017

Hey everyone, so a few days ago I wrote about How I Overcame Depression Naturally and now I'm giving away all the info about HOW I did it.

The first things you need to do is identify why you have a Depression, was it a recent event or was just a series of events over the years? In my case it was a series of events, starting when I was 5 and getting worst at my 26.

depression

Does it mean that I was already Depressed when I was 5? No, of course not, but I did have tons of depression and anxiety episodes and that's the nucleus of the whole thing. What happens when you have tons of bad feelings bottled up along the years? Eventually, you'll explode.

I thought I would explode when I was 15 because that's when I started to self-harm myself, but no, that was just another symptom and a nasty one I must say.

Eventually, I learned to live with my feelings and life went on until I lost my someone very important to me, I was all alone living in London and I just collapsed... I gained weight (like a LOT) and I lost motivation for everything in my life.

depression

However, time heals things or so I thought and as I said on How I Overcame Depression Naturally post, October 2015 I finally explode.

So after tons of medication and fails after fails I said: "I'll either die or heal myself, there's no between!"

Now I'm sharing what I did and believe me, it will be hard, but it will be so worth it!

After you identify where your Depression started you need to learn about emotions and how they affect your mind. A great guide for that is the Abraham Hicks Emotional Guidance Scale, learn about each emotion, study how you feel and then identify where you are in the Scale.

Abraham Hicks

This is such an important step because it gives you the power to know your emotions and therefore control and change them.
I was at the bottom (22) when I started the therapy. So how did I manage to get from 22 to 7 and above? With these changes in my life:

Get in a routine
If you’re depressed the reality is, one day melts into the next. So to avoid this you need to get yourself a routine, in my case, I continued working so I had to wake up, no matter how hard it was and I did my makeup every single morning.

Routine

Take care of your body
Endorphins! You can't have enough! Go get a massage, walk along the beach, swim, there's so much you can do. I walked a lot during my treatment. I also took some Therapeutic Massages to take care of my back problem. I got so much better after that, living a daily life free of physical pain was a relief.

Care

Sleep
Go to bed and get up at the same time every day. Try not to nap (it's ok if you do once in a while). In time, you may find your sleep improves. Having a sleep routine is as important as having a day routine. You need to educate your body and that's exactly what routines do. I woke up every day at 7.45AM and went to bed at 10.30PM.

Sleep

Do something new or pleasant
Trying something new alters the levels of dopamine, which is associated with pleasure, enjoyment, and learning. In my case, I started to knit and it did WONDERS! Not only I got a new hobby but I also had goals! Not to mention the feelings of accomplishment that I got every time I finished a project.

Hobby

Challenge negative thoughts 
In your fight against Depression, a lot of the work is mental, changing how you think. The next time you're feeling terrible about yourself, use logic as a natural depression treatment. Take the Abraham Hicks Emotional Guidance Scale and identify what or why you're feeling negative, after that, just work on your mind and concentrate on the Upward Spiral to get out of the Downward Spiral. In my case, I would just change everything around me, I would go to a different place, I would surround myself with positive things and I wouldn't allow myself to think negative.

Positivity

Meditation
At the end of the day, before going to bed, just meditate. Feel your body, breath in and breath out, relax...
Here's an amazing article about meditation: Treat Depression With Meditation 
Meditation is now part of my daily routine, the benefits are amazing and you just fall asleep with a relaxed mind and when you wake up, your brain will pick up where you left off.

Meditation

Keep in mind, this will take time. There's no easy way when it comes to Depression but if you just set your mind on it, believe me, you'll get the results.

See you soon,

8 comments :

  1. I find having a routine helps me so much. When I haven't got things to get up and go to in can be easy to stay at home an make myself feel worse

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant post, I'm glad to have read it. I suffer from anxiety and depression and medication has been a big help to me but I've been trying things like this too and will continue to do so, it's so important to look after yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's sad to see how many people have depression out there these days. I hope you get to the bottom of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some great tips here. Hopefully it will help lots of people. Thank you for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very good post. I've been using naturally ways too. I find having a routine controls my lapses. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. I definitely believe sleep is the key to a lot of things. Great advice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Depression is such a horrible thing. Well done for sharing some great tips :) x

    ReplyDelete

Free Blogger Design Made By The Dutch Lady Designs