Away for a week!

Thursday, 24 September 2015

Hello, my little owls. It has been so long since my last post (one week?) but I have been sick with the most embarrassing thing in the entire world... diarrhea! 
Last Friday I was already feeling kind of weird and full of cramps but because I was in that time of the month (TMI much?) I didn't pay attention... Oh boy, I regretted it!! Saturday was awful... Sunday even worst... Monday I was considering going to the Hospital (Hospitals are always my last (dumb) decision). Luckily during Tuesday the medication started to show some effect and today here I am, almost 100% recovered and ready to be active on my blog again.


So how did I recover from diarrhea without going to the Hospital (with a lot of experience?) or seeking any kind of medical advice? The thing is, I had so many episodes of diarrhea since I was a little girl that now as an adult I know exactly what I have to do and what medication I have to take. But besides the medication the diet has to be very strict. So for the past week this was what I ate.


Breakfast was as simple as a mug of balm tea with some crackers. Didn't mind at all because I was feeling so sick in the morning that this was the only thing I could manage to eat.


For lunch, I was feeling quite alright so I would eat some grilled chicken and carrots, for some much-needed proteins!


Lunch I would boil some apples and eat them with some sugar, my mother used to do this to me every time I was sick! I love boiled apples!


For dinner, my mom did a white rice soup, there's not much science about this, it's basically water with one small onion, rice a little bit of salt. The first time I saw it I wasn't very happy until I tried it! It's actually really good! If I felt hungry I would eat more boiled apples.


Of course, water was essential during this week so I wouldn't get dehydrated. So even when I wasn't feeling like drinking water I would drink some.

So that's it! It's not a fashion or beauty kind of post, but hopefully it will help someone out there! Thank you for reading!


48 comments :

  1. Wrote a really long comment and then it got deleted while I logged into my Google account to post it!
    Great post with great pictures and definitely useful for anyone who finds themselves with your illness - much better than most Google results lol X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you were so sick. Glad you didn't need to go to the hospital.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm fully recovered now! :)

      Delete
  3. Now I'm curious about the boiled apples. I need to try that myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are soooooo good! :D And super healthy!

      Delete
  4. You just made me incredibly hungry even with the mention of your illness lol - I experienced the same thing last week AT THE SAME TIME as MY "time of the month" lol who cares about TMI haha bring it on. Hope you are all better now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D
      I hope you're feeling better as well! It's always so awkward when mentioning these kind of stuff!

      Delete
  5. great tips on ideas when you are sick. Water is the main thing and salt too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Salt doesn't work for me, the less the better but water is a major yes in these occasions! :)

      Delete
  6. Glad you are feeling better ...love your choice of meal espeicially rice soup simple must try thanks to your mother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The rice soup was a pleasant surprise! It's super delicious

      Delete
  7. great tips.. coconut water will help too and of course, drinking a lot of fluid

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really hard to find coconut water in Portugal so I'll just go with plain water :)

      Delete
  8. Great useful post! thanks for sharing
    Italia Caruso

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw so glad you are feeling better. Diarrhoea is awful. Some great tips shared though. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've been following these tips since I was a little girl. They never failed me! :D

      Delete
  10. I love boiled apples too, or stewed apples too. amazing with cinnamon. sorry to hear you were unwell. but good diet to get you back on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They are super delicious! Try to bake them in the oven as well, they will come out super delicious.

      Delete
  11. I really hope your feeling a lot better. I like the sound of your get well diet. I might have to try the white rice soup, its the sort of thing I'd like

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's so delicious! You need to try it! :D

      Delete
  12. Glad you are feeling better and sorry that you had to go through that! I love white rice soup I used to have it when I was feeling sick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D The rice soup was the best indeed! :D

      Delete
  13. Glad you're feeling better! I also love boiled apples when I'm feeling under the weather!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) they are the best! :D

      Delete
  14. SO glad you are feeling better! I love these tips, thank you for sharing! Grilled chicken and carrots sounds really nice!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) It was good but my stomach was not used so it was the hardest meal.

      Delete
  15. I hope you feeling a lot better. I need to try the boiled apple because i'm so curious with this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do, thank you :) you should, they are delicious!

      Delete
  16. Welcome back and glad that you are feeling better! Never heard of rice soup but it sounds like a simple enough dish to make.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's super easy and delicious believe me :)

      Delete
  17. So glad to hear that you are doing better! Those boiled apples sound awesome, I'll definitely have to give them a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, try them and let me know what you think of it :)

      Delete
  18. It's nice to be able to recover naturally. It's really all about the diet when it comes to stomach issues, like diarrhea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I try to go as natural as possible when I'm stick :)

      Delete
  19. I've never tried boiled apples before will have to try that sometime, thanks for the tips! Glad you're feeling better x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They are super delicious!

      Delete
  20. When my son has bad bouts of this, we do the BRAT diet which always helps! Sorry you were feeling so sick :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm fully recovered now! I have to check that diet! :D

      Delete
  21. Great tips! Glad you're feeling better

    ReplyDelete
  22. I usually don't go to the doctor or take meds when I'm suffering from diarrhea. I tweak my diet too. I heard that roasted sweet potatoes work well, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it gets to the point where it won't stop I do take meds because my body won't get enough energy to fight back the problem.
      But the diet plays a huge role in the whole situation :)

      Delete
  23. Gah, hate getting sick but mostly because I don;t have the time to deal with it nor do I have anyone to help me out if I need it. That rice bowl looks good though, might give that a try.

    ReplyDelete
  24. This very much like the BRAT diet when you have diarrhea.Bananas, Rice, Applesauce and Toast.I hope you feel better now.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am glad to hear that you are feeling better. Whenever my kids are sick with anything including diarrhea my go to remedy is and always will be hot tea. I swear tea cures everything. I don't like using over the counter medicine because of side effects, so I take the more natural approach.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I am so sorry you were sick but it looks like you had some awesome items to consume in spite of it all, that also helped you to heal!

    ReplyDelete

Free Blogger Design Made By The Dutch Lady Designs